Re: 1st of July

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 07:43:55 -0700

>This is a day late. What can I say? My Russian watch requires me to advance
>the date for months with less than 31 days. What do you expect for $20?
>
>Anyway, to Erin and any other Canadian list members:
>
>Have a Happy Canada Day (July 1st)!

Thanks. A good time was had by all. We had a number of traditional
Canadian events on tap for the celebrations, including, but not limited
to:

1) A version of Britain's "Guy Fawkes" day - with the burning in effigy
     of the CRTC's Keith Spicer instead (we roasted weenies. It was fun)

2) A back-bacon fry-off in between rounds of "The Beer Hunter" (play the home game!)

3) A "SwatKats" marathon, with post six-pack real-time French dubbing efforts of lines
     like "I'll light you up like a Christmas Tree!". (It came out something like "my dog
     fell in the Washing Machine", but it's the thought that counts.)

(I plan on watching the Birch Bay fireworks display on the 4th from the Canadian
  side. It's a darn sight closer than the Canuck ones in Vancouver for the 1st,
  and you guys have so more money to spend on things that go "bang"!)