Re: The War on Atlanta part XXXIX

From: Brother Buford <buford_at_halifax.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 14:03:01 -0400

Continued from an earlier post:
>Buford: Hey- there's a car coming- headed toward town.
>
>Paul: Let's see if we can flag them down- We've got a better chance of
>survival if we can get a ride back, or use a cell phone, than we do playing
>flechette grenade Easter-egg hunt!
>=^^=

<the car comes closer, it is a plain-jane grey Dodge Aries>

Paul: Lay that shotgun down. We don't want to run this guy off.

BB: One thing for sure, it's not a TedVax driving. They'd be driving an
armored vehicle to kill us or else a fine car to fool the public into
thinking it was the real Ted. And it's not Nick.

<The car is close enough for BB to notice an antenna on the trunk lid>

BB: I think we're in luck! Flag him down!

<Paul waves his arms in the air, and the car stops in front of the ruined
station. The man driving rolls down his window.>

Man: You need help?

BB: Man, do we ever... Do you have a CB on this car?

Man: Yeah, sure. Got a linear on it, too - 600 watts.

BB: Just what we need! You mind if I use it?

Man, handing the mike to BB: What channel?

BB: Put it on channel 1. <through mike> Breaker, breaker 1. I may be
crazy but i sure ain't dumb. Brother Buford calling for Col. Clink
CommieKiller. Come on in now, CommieKiller.

Paul: Who?

BB: That's Nick's handle.

...ommieKiller. What d'ya need? <beep>

BB: What's your 20, CommieKiller?

CB radio: <hiss> I'm in Atlanta, we're trying to get that <pop> big tank,
the Metal Kat Express or whatever it's <hiss> called going. Those Smurfs
clogged up the intake and it won't start. Some guy named Edo has been
working on it for the past hour. <beep>

BB: We need you to come and get us. We're stranded, and another Robo-Ted
has taken my car.

minute, I see you coming now. What d'ya do to your car? <beep>

BB: NO! That's not me! Get the h%#& outta there!

CB radio: <there is a large "POW", and the radio falls silent except for the
sounds of static and skip>

Paul, who has been looking around the back of the station: Did you get him?

BB: He's got bigger problems - and so do we! <to driver> We need to borrow
your car.

Man: No way! What are you, a car thief?

BB: I am now! <pulls shotgun on man> Get out!

Paul: Buford!!! What are you doing?!

BB: We need a ride, he's going to give us one by giving us his car! Go on
and get in!

<BB escorts the man around behind the ruined gas station, then he runs and
jumps into the Aries>

Paul: Not only is Ted after us, but now the police are gonna trail us!

BB: I had to take that chance, this is life and death! We gotta get to Atlanta!

<BB hits the gas, tires spin, and the car takes off>

BB: Sounds like it's only hitting on 5 cylinders. What a piece of junk!

Paul: We don't have any weapons! <car hits a bump> Watch how you're
driving, motorhead!

BB: Can't you say anything better?

Paul: Like what?! You're going to get us killed or thrown in jail!

BB: Well, you could offer some constructive criticism.

<The car's owner walks around the station in time to see his car leave in a
cloud of dust. He walks to the nearest phone booth, not so far from the
station.>

Man: Hello, Georgia State Police? I'd like to report a car theft, and the
guys who stole it threatened me with a shotgun!

<meanwhile, in a black and white car hidden behind a billboard near Atlanta>

Radio: All units, be on the lookout for a grey Dodge Aries, Georgia plates,
license number RQP-751, two males, one going by "Brother Buford" the other
name unknown, considered armed and highly dangerous. Take caution when
apprehending, use of deadly force has been approved.

Figure in a police uniform: Looks like this day isn't going to be a total waste.

<A red beam illuminates the dash as he cranks the car. The rear view mirror
reflects the cold light of a gleaming red eye.>

Ok, Paul, your turn...

Brother Buford email: buford_at_halifax.com
============== Resident DOOM freak.
"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates