Re: SK Superchunk!

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 14:07:46 -0700

A fellow hoser comments:

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
>BOOOOOO HOOOOOO!
><sob sob sob sob sob>
>
>Erin
>Why do no Canadian stations carry SwatKats?????????????????

Two words: "Keith Spicer".

If you really want to ask an interesting question, why not ask why we can get
TBS and TNT as a pay cable option, but NOT the "Cartoon Network"?
In fact, unless you're willing to spring for the soon-to-be-illegal-North-of-the-49th
"little satellite dish", you are quite literally S.O.L.

Fortunately, Mr. Spicer has "retired" his CRTC chair in order to teach fascism
at the Sorbonne. His replacement is a French-Canadian woman who really
couldn't do any worse that Keith, with the possible exception of banning U.S.
programming intoto. I really wish I could say that was intended in a humorous
vein.

(The CRTC: all the ineptitude of Manx, the arrogance of Feral, and the mandate
 of "The Pastmaster". Quite the Unholy Trinity.)