Re: Totally off-topic, but....

From: Paul Kemner <pkemner_at_bright.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 15:47:21 -0400 (EDT)

Terra typed:
><suddenly very quiet> Paul, unless you want to be very slowly and painfully
>killed, you take that back right now
Hokay! Sometimes it's difficult to tell what orders you're givin' us,though.
And I tend to get cranky when I'm threatened on a regular basis!

!!! Consider this sentence an official apology to Terra from Paul Kemner,
who sez: I'm Sorry, I'm Sorry, I'm Sorry !!!

Maybe what we need is a style guide for the Terra character. When I started
writing the Tortie series, I wrote up outlines on the new characters I was
introducing (Tortie, Schroedinger, Snowflak, etc.) and also series
characters that I was elaborating (Ann, Abi, Hackle, etc.) There's lots of
stuff that hasn't even shown up in the story yet- like the fact that Tortie
knows Ann's real name. It makes things a lot easier, and so far no
complaints from Tortie.

>P.S. You don't know what I look like, so don't I look like Sam ('cuz I don't!)
You didn't read carefully- I said the best features of A and B... as in the
best features of A combined with the best features of B. And did I say
looks? But... I withdraw the suggestion. (see above apology)

>> Oh yes, ignore that part over no killing and such. I meant to SAVE IT until
>> we found the REAL tED tURNER.
Oh- see- I was confused and thought that you meant that we weren't supposed
to do anything when we were attacked by the Smurfs. "The Katfans all stood
around looking confused. Terra said they shouldn't do anything violent, so
when they were attacked by TedKlones and TedMinions they were cut down like
wheat! The End." See? For us old geezers, you should strive to be clearer
when you give us orders or threaten us! We get cranky when threatened,
sometimes.

>Poison? Oh yes, that reminds me. Paul, I don't know much about cyanide,
>therefore I don't like using it. THat was one of the reasons I got upset at
>Kris when she said she had some cyanide. If somebody *had* to poison me,
>couldn't they do it with something I'm familier with? Like absinthe and
>laudanum?
Not if they live in the USofAye or Canaidiea. The gummints don't like folks
messing 'round with opiates! Besides, Kris and DJ had already sent you that
tub of popcorn, but you hadn't eaten it yet. (hint- hint- that 'bitter
almond' taste is a dead (ahem) giveaway!)

>I thought I told you--my glasses got knocked off, and I think I lost 'em
>somewhere. =/
That was after you went in the building, remember?

>Well, how do I join up? Jeeze, no, oh, waitaminute.
If you want to be a *Discordian* pope, see Michael- I think he's in charge
of new members right now. It's quite different (and much better) than being
any other kind!

Racer post-scripted:
>PS : in the unlikely event of anyone not getting that reference back then:
>'Gift' in german translates to 'final fluid' or as the 'Volksmund'
>lovingly calls it : Poison.
Thanks Frieder- I think that lots of kats missed it, but they wouldn't have
believed *me* if I told them. I only know enough German to read musical
scores and beer bottles.
=^^=
Hey- here are some questions for you other Kats-

What does DJ do/see in Charlotte, NC?

What's the name of that sword? When will she figure out that it *really* is
talking to her?

Did you know that Edo paid for our luxury hotel accomodations in Atlanta,
and our airfare? How'd he get all that dough? (I know how, it's Kat-related,
and you'd need to be in Indonesia to do it!)

Who will protect us from all those TedKlones and TedMinions, now that Terra
has lost her glasses, Ryan's away helping Edo get his stuff, and I'm
avoiding conflict right now?
=^^=