Re: Doc Konway, and a question

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 10:50:57 -0700

Doc Konway wrote:

>I *AM* old and fat!!
>I have wrinkles and grey hair and big love handles and disgusting rolls of
>flab...

and dammit...he watched "Marine Boy"! (must be genetic...)

I can just picture all the Junior members of Doc's department trying
hard to become "Senior" just like the good Doctor. Each morning
they pinch their embryonic "love handles" in anticipation of that day
when the magical combination of that and greying hair will launch them
into the same orbit as the *Senior* "old and fat" chemists of AVID!
Ahh..the lofty goals of youth!

>*flailing arms in exhasperation* Just ask Razor! He's seen me! Rat,
>too! Rat's even got pictures!

Yeah, and he's selling them for quite a handsome profit at certain cons!
(Who's the pretty little thing with a whip in that "Katwoman" costume????)

<Seriously, how about a scan of one of them Ratpics up at the Katsite?>

>To the best of my knowledge, the Kats have never revealed their true
>identities to anyone. Who in MegaKat City is the most likely to know,
>and who probably suspects, who these two really are?

Callie Briggs is clueless, of course. Feral knows. Hackle probably knows
(though the scene of him driving away from Jake 'n' Chance's yard with
 M&M's heads in the back could be viewed either way, I suppose), and
 interestingly enough, I think Dark Kat knows. For example, in "Dark Side
 of the Swat Kats", DK makes his HQ in the SK's hangar - still underneath
 J&C's Garage even in that reality - and there's nothing in that ep to suggest
 that "Evil TB&R" don't also have the same grease-monkey alter-egos.

 Interestingly, Mac and Molly Metallikat knew who the kats were in "Metal
 Urgency", yet don't volunteer the information to anyone in their subsequent
 outings in "Katastrophe", "Bright and Shiny Future" and "Unlikely Alloys".
 I suppose their memories could've been erased as a result of that 40-storey
 plunge in "Metal Urgency" (why not? ours would be...), but I'd consider
 such a possibility more "convenient" than "plausible" (after all, they still
 remember how to be "nasty", n'est-ce pas?)