Poster Nitpicks!

From: Kevin L. Knoles <klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 03:00:24 -0500 (CDT)

    I'm one of us fortunate enough to have a poster of his own. I heard it
was cool and when I got one I was glad to see that such good artwork, the
images of T-Bone and Razor as they appear in the Bike Safety Checklist and
just T-Bone as he appears on the action figures were used for it, but nitpick
I shall...

    The lower background of the post is green, obviously intended to simulate
grassy ground, and there are small ink marks places below the figures to act
as shadows. I consider that a mistake, the images should have been left as is
with no attempt as simulating any kind of shadow, and since the marks are so
minor anyway, they don't really contribute anything to the overall appearance.

    The image of T-Bone is flipped from the way they appear in the checklist.
I don't know what way is "correct", but I'm upset that the two don't coincide,
and since I've looked at the checklist as the only source of the images for so
long, I've grown attacked to the pose as it is.

    The exact coloring of the details in those images is sometimes rather
variable. I consider the Kats gloves to have blue highlights (As shown in The
Deadly Pyramid), but the poster says red, I feel the kneepads should be red
(They just look better that way.), but the poster says blue, there's also
disagreement on the masks/bandannas (Alos blue in TDP), and the areas on
Razor's chest and abdomen are very unclear and I disagree about how they
should be colored as well.

    The images overlap. I know not too much of a poster could be made without
overlapping the two images, but it means that certain portions are missing.

    The top of the image is very close to the blue color that they used to
form the border of the logo, and the lack of contrast makes it difficult to
see. They should have used a single red border and not messed with two
different border colors for different parts of the logo (And the same can be
said for the logos as they appear on the videos too. Well, if they were
colored correctly to begin with.)

    I don't really consider the colors deep enough. The fur tones look about
right (But I think Razor is a *little* darker), but the blues aren't dark
enough, a bit more navy colored would help, and the reds are too orange.

    Well, I that's all I have to say about the poster. I guess there's
just not as much to nitpick as there is for the videos. At least I got some of
you to lose consciousness...

  |\ __ /| Kevin L. Knoles klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu |\ __ /|
  | | | |
   \ / Check out SWAT Kats on the Web: \ /
     \/ http://rat.org/kats \/