Lots of scientists?

From: Kevin L. Knoles <klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 22:05:26 -0500 (CDT)

    Is it just me or does SWAT Kats feature an impressive number of scientists
and inventors? There's Dr. Greenbox, Dr. Street, Dr. Sinian, Dr. Purvis/Viper,
Dr. Zyme, Professor Hackle, Dr. Ohm (I think that's his name. He was in
SK's Unplugged.) and of course, who could forget, Doc Konway. I don't
think I'm leaving out any (but then again, if I did wouldn't I include
them? ;-> ) Certainly Jake/Razor and to a lesser extent Chance/T-Bone are
inventors as well, and if Turmoil did the perfecting on that engine herself as
she claims, then she's another. The episode Doctors of Doom was even going to
have a reappearance of Dr. Street too. Is the appearance of all the scientists
and inventors intentional, out of necessity of plot, or is there some other
reason for it? It's also a lot like Star Trek with their prominence. I
guess a large number of scientists, engineers, and other technical Kats *would*
explain why MegaKat City has such advanced technology. It's also nice that
the writers didn't really stoop to the "Mad Scientist" stereotype, and the one
instance where that might be considered (Dr. Purvis/Viper), they countered with
his colleague, Dr. Zyme.

  |\ __ /| Kevin L. Knoles klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu |\ __ /|
  | | | |
   \ / Check out SWAT Kats on the Web: \ /
     \/ http://rat.org/kats \/