Hearts, Flowers, and Tuna Fish!

From: Paul Kemner <pkemner_at_bright.net>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 17:26:50 -0400 (EDT)

Dr. Jake wrote:
>Personally, I can't see her with EITHER of them, and screw their lousy
crushes. >Jake is a scientist and and engineer, a pilot at heart. Cally is a
politician
Callie is more of a civil servant than a politician. She actually does some
work!
Though you should remember {as Callie does!} (in the probably misquoted
words of Robert Heinlein) that the terms "Civil Servant" and "Civil Master"
are synonymous!
Chance & Jake probably slick their hair back and get competitive when *any*
reasonably attractive femkat walks in the garage.

Chance wrote:
>That, and I've *never* read a piece of fic that didn't make romantic
endeavours
>sound like the back cover of a Harlequin Romance novel.
Bravo- much better to suggest something as a remote possibility that never
quite happens. Keep the suspense up, keep the readers (and your characters)
frustrated! I agree that it's been the downfall (or maybe a symptom of
writers running out of steam) in many TV series. It makes an OK last
episode, though. At least with a fanfic, there's no actual damage to the
series, like there is when the stuff messes up real scripts.

Chance wrote:
>...and it's a *fine* idea! ... How about a story written in the form of
journal entries >or something -
Hey you guys! Stop hackin' into my pc files! Geez, I don't know how you do
it, but if you don't stop I'll have to sic a (reverse paranoid) conspiracy
freak kat on you! ^_^.

Begin*** Birthday Alert !!! *** Birthday Alert !!! ***
I just heard on the radio today that tomorrow (5/10) is Gary Owens birthday,
and that he's 60! Too bad we didn't know about it beforehand, or we could
have sent him a card, thanking him for his great work on SK!

Well, If the forewarding spirits are out there, Happy B-day Gary! I hope in
your case when you say "Bring me chopper backup!" you aren't asking for a
second set of false teeth!
End*** Birthday Alert !!! *** Birthday Alert !!! ***
Paul Kemner
pkemner_at_bright.net