"Bring me Chopper Backup!" (turbines if you please...I wanna live!)

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 07:11:37 -0700

Ed wrote:

>More like they think nobody notices :) Like the pinhead reporters
>referring to the 122mm BM-21 rockets being fired by Hezbollah as
>"Katyushas".

That, and after "Rambo III", every Soviet Helicopter - regardless of size -
was automatically a "Hind".

>You thought so too, eh? They really fit better stylistically in the
>MKC world, with its Fiftyish cars. Makes the "modern" TurboKat stand
>out that much more.

Yeah, a lot like BTAS with its Art Deco steam-trains in stark contrast to the
high-tech Batmobile. Feral's standard Smashemencrashem chopper reminds me
 a lot of a Sik that I saw modified as a "camper" in an outdoors show many moons ago.
You get the same impression of "all nose", but that side-door is probably another
dead-giveaway. Definitely un- UH-1 like. 'Sides, if they *are* piston-engined
aircraft a la Piasecki and Sikorsky - well, it helps explain why Megakat City is
rather prone to aluminum rain. (Mebbe MCPD would be interested in some of
our Labradors and Sea Kings?)

>>(Man, we just sold all our OH-58 Kiowas to the same folks that bought all our
>> old CH-47's: The Netherlands!)
>
>Yeah, but they're buying new AH-64s too, which P.O.ed the French and
>Germans to no end :)

Good. MBB certainly doesn't need any more money. Oh yeah, and since our Labs are
doing the Commander Feral thing with increasing regularity, guess what we've just
decided to do? Purchase surplus Chinooks off the USMC to replace the Labs. The
self-same 47's that we just sold to the Dutch as "beyond current requirements". Grrr.
I wish they were spending Manx's money and not mine.