Re: NOTAR

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 19:11:21 -0700

>Strictly speaking it's now McD-D, and not Hughes any more, since the
>former swallowed up the latter. The OH-6 Cayuse is an H500, now
>MD500, but the NOTAR is on the evolved MD530 airframe.

Yep, but all the Hollywood types here put 'em all in the same nutshell with
the rather broad comment:

"Hell..they all look the same with heavily armed Swat guys standin' on the skids!"

Which is why you see so many Twin Hueys in early 'Nam pictures. Time Tunnel
in action.

>The Enforcer choppers are undoubtedly simplified for animation
>purposes, a reasonable shortcut IMHO.

Some of those katchoppers remind me a bit of the "Screamin' Mimi"
Sikorsky piston-engined things from the late fifties-early sixties. I think
it's the general shape of the nose rather than anything more specific.

(Man, we just sold all our OH-58 Kiowas to the same folks that bought all our
 old CH-47's: The Netherlands!)