Re: Engine Order

From: Edo Andromedo <macsonic_at_rad.net.id>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 14:52:11 +0700

On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Kevin L. Knoles wrote?
>Just a few technical questions that have been bugging me.
>
>Is the TurboKat's middle engine the primary or tertiary,

I think that it can be consider as the third engine.

>is it the most or least important,

It's the least important engine. The Third Engine is only used in an afterburner flight or in a high speed flight or a VTOL flight, right?

>and if the engines were to be numbered, then what would the
>order be (What's standard in the Air Force and aviation industry?)

The Air Force and aviation industry never have a TurboKat in their hands. So I guess that the guys would have to make their own special rules for the TurboKat.

>In other words, is the right numbered before the left, or what?

OK. I think that the Right engine is Number One, the Left engine is Number Two, and the Middle engine is Number Three. If we're talking about the TurboKat that is. And also this is only my opinion.

Of course maybe they use "L,M,R" instead of "1,2,3".

BTW, is there a "FAA" or something like that in the Kat world?

>Kevin L. Knoles klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu

Edo Andromedo email : macsonic_at_rad.net.id
"Be seeing you!"