SK to QT

From: Michael J. Rider <jaguar_at_warwick.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 1996 13:33:57 -0400

On Sat, 27 Apr 1996 01:01:09 -0800 Razor wrote:

>On a related note, Max and I were talking on the mucks about possibly
>converting some of the AVIs to QuickTimes. The reason was that a few other
>people, some of who use Xwindows, seem to have an easier time viewing
>QuickTime movies than AVIs. I don't have a problem with either since I
>have a nice little piece of software that I downloaded which converts AVIs
>to QuickTimes (as far as I can tell, I can't view AVIs directly). None of
>the AVIs that I've downloaded from maxie.com have had problems, although
>I've had a few problems converting AVIs from other sources (i.e., the
>newsgroups).

Just about anyone should be able to view Quicktime movies without any
problem, as opposed to AVI. Anyone with a Mac already has the software of
course and it's available for pretty much every platform. It sounds like a
good idea.

If you've had problems with AVIs from newsgroups you're not alone. I don't
know if the problem is with corrupted files or what.

    / Michael J. Rider / :o o:
   / AKA: Richard #926 /________oOOo_==( ^ )==_oOOo__________
  / jaguar_at_warwick.net / ' /
 / Jason_Jaguar on FurryMUCK / Hey, what's going on up here? /
    / Brain> Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering? /
   / Pinky> Uh, I think so, Brain, but where will we find a /
  / duck and a hose at this hour? /