Re: Favorite Episodes

From: Kay Chang <kaychang_at_eden.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 1996 19:47:18 -0500 (CDT)

>Yup, but Pastmaster had his team-up (er..sorta) with Mac and Molly M.
>in "Bright and Shiny Future". I think because of the nature of PM's power
>that he'd be *very* hard to team up with the other assorted villains whose
>talents are more...well..."realistic". How about Pastmaster in an episode
>where he teams up with Ghost Pilot? Maybe they could, between them,
>resurrect a whole MegaWar II squadron - complete with ghostly pilots - to
>aid them in defeating the Enforcers and our Kat-guys? That would be
>an *outstanding* episode (sub-plot: one of the 'undead' pilots is a
>KIA relative of one of the main characters? Razor or T-Bone? Feral?
>Though this "ghost" is under the power of Pastmaster and Ghost Pilot, a
>one-on-one confrontation with his living descendant might spark a change
>in behaviour and wind up confounding PM&GP's plans? Wow. Cool.)

Hey, that sounds kinda like a MWII story Courtney *was* writing (I don't
what happened to it, I think it kinda died . . .) but yeah, it was a lot
like that. Hey, anybody wanna try writing that into a fanfic? (If no one
wants to, I can give it a shot, but I don't know that much about WWII, which
MWII was based on, so my stuff might be slightly off)

Speaking of WWII, it started cuz of Hitler and his Nazis, right? What d'you
think caused MWII? Maybe some feline equal of Hitler goin' around killing,
oh, say, Persian cats? I dunno.

>>5. "Unlikely Alloys" (Good Artwork in this ep.)
>
>Yep. Some people slam this ep for the blocky character models, but if they
>would've worked out a compromise between this type of drawing and
>the well-animated less-angular versions of the guys from something like
>"Night of the Dark Kat", then we'd have a great compromise. The drawing in
>general, BG's and animation in general for this ep was fantastic, and an
>unfortunate hors d'oeuvres for a third season many people on both sides
>of the picture tube looked forward to.

Oh well. *I* liked it. <shrugs>

>"Dedicated to the indomitable spirit of the sled dogs that relayed
> antitoxin six hundred miles over rough ice, across treacherous waters,
> through Arctic blizzards from Nenana to the relief of stricken Nome in
> the winter of 1925. Endurance, Fidelity, Intelligence." -- "Balto"

Terra Chang
SWAT Kats lover
Anne Rice fan

"Crud Razor! Why--do--you--always--hafta--be--right?"
"This is one time I wish I weren't!"
              --T-Bone & Razor, "The Bride of the Pastmaster"
"Art doesn't matter; history doesn't matter."
              --Akasha, "The Queen of the Damned"