Re: A SWAT Kats' month?

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 07:32:57 -0800

> E-Mailing Ted himself is better, though,
>since it was probably the one who did it. Hey, Mabye it wasn't him,

One of the things I'd heard early on was "...(Ted) always hated the program".
I won't claim that to be true - there's no way to back it up.

>considering all the confusion, Tedco might have stopped the series from
>production by mistake.

It looks as though nobody cares about H-B anymore, and that the "Jonny"
thing is going forward simply because they were in bed too far already
with the licensees to bail. One of the production people that hangs on
rec.arts tells me that "Turner was never really that interested in new
H-B production, he just wanted the back catalogue. They just kept the
studio operating because they thought it more valuable as a going concern".

Sounds about right, and indicative of an attitude change that a lot of folks
noticed around the time the Kats and Two Stupid Dogs were canned. They
can get eight or so WPT's for the price of a single katsep - keeping the
studio "a going concern" without any regard for where it's "going".

 If this is true, then I didn't write "A Tribute to
>Ted Turner by B-ko Daitokuji" Even though it is at the end of one of my
>other fanfics!

Yeah, yeah...trying to get out of it, are we? Ted doesn't hold a grudge - especially
during his Olympic year - but I did notice a "Ryan Kelley" listed as front-runner in the
javelin-catching competition.