Romance? It's another K-File, Scully...

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 07:17:04 -0800

>But it is possible to have the main character (Not the SwatKats.) to have a
>little romance? Hmmm, maybe "Curse of Kataluna" could answer my question,
>unfortunately it hasn't been drawen yet.

Well, the first attempts at a romantic angle were confined to half-hearted flirting. Even
when Falk wrote "Turmoil" before executive revision, the 'heavier' type of romantic theme
represented by Feral's liason with Turmoil kept our Kat guys "uncontaminated" by such stuff,
and the revision with T-Bone in the Feral role left T-Bone's dialogue deliberately vague
concerning whatever he was supposed to be feeling. "Kataluna" was something yet again, as
Glenn Leopold had written it (so I hear) in terms of having Feral utterly fascinated with
Kataluna - complete with supernatural overtones. In either case, I think it's as far as you
could tastefully go without lapsing into a version of the hack-writer "Love Potion" type thing
seen on absolutely every other "kiddie" Sat-AM effort throughout the seventies and eighties.
No thanks.

>Agree, the SwatKats primary mission is action and adventure, not doing
>drama, I HATE DRAMA (The same way I hate the Dark Ages.), although I do
>like drama sometimes, and I hated when that happen.
>
>BTW chance, what is ERT stand for?

Emergency Response Team. How can you say you hate drama? In reality, if you aren't laughing
or hanging on the edge of your seat, all that's left is varying degrees of drama. Melodrama? Well,
that's another story entirely...and one written with great repetition by Barbara Taylor Bradford,
Jacqueline Suzanne, Jackie Collins, and the ranks of the Harlequin poets as yet mercifully undiscovered
by miniseries television.

Christian evidently always laid out the concepts and the scenes in terms of the action sequences
like what he'd planned for "Caverns of Horror". He thought the ep would be exciting due to
his "Turbokat flying though the stalactites and stuff in the cavern" before the reality-obsessed
changed the vehicle to the TurboMole. The choice of music in either season should kind of give
away the fact that this is primarily meant as an action-adventure show, with the character chemistry
an added bonus. The whole ended up greater than the sum of the parts.