admin stuff for the newer folks...

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 00:39:00 -0700

It just occurred to me that some people may not know how to post something
on the mailing list, so here's the Reader's Digest version:

Send the mail to "kats_at_lists.mv.net" (without the quotes of course), putting
basically anything you like (on-topic, natch) in the Subject and Message Body
areas. If your post was successful, the list server will send back a copy of your
post to you at roughly the same time everyone else on the list gets one. Simple.
If you have multiple addresses from which you access the net, be advised that
you will only be able to post to the Kats list from that address you subscribed
to it from - else you'll get trapped in the infamous Anti-Olga Iron Curtain.

Next, a fellow from Germany, one Frieder Schenke, is very interested in
getting copies of the Kats episodes on video. In case you don't know,
Germany's TV is in the PAL format, whereas most of us are NTSC (tapes
recorded for the one won't play on equipment designed for the other). This
guy is prepared to work out the compatibility problems on his end, but
would like to get hold of any of us that would be able to do dupes for him in
either format. I'd volunteer, but I'm not going to be getting too much time for
dupes 'n' such for the next month-and-a-half (it's a work-thing). Anyways, if
anyone can help the guy out, you can contact him as follows:

schenke_at_Rcs1.urz.tu-dresden.de

Later (next part of Mark's article should be either today or tomorrow...)
  "I'm on the Internet...sometimes every day. I use it to plug in and feel the
   pulse of my audience. I think most producers used to wait for the fan mail
   to roll in. You don't need to do that anymore. There's instant communication
   with your audience. -- The "X-Files" Chris Carter