Re: Does the heart good......

From: <cosmo_at_Castle.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 1995 15:41:47 -0400 (EDT)

Just a small currection

Plastic is recycled, quite a lot of it is, the problem most of it is not
the consumer type but rather scrap or waste plastic left over from
manufactoring processes. For example several million pounds of waste
magnetic tape from 3M vido tape division is now recycled into the plastic
disks used for electic sanders. Most of the office sypply (trays tape
holders rullers) from 3M these days is made from or contains a large % or
recycled regrind. The chemistry to make plastic remelt and mix with
diffrent plastics is rapidly becomeing more well understood.
Black and Decker is also using some of this technology I'm sure others
are as well.

(I don't work for these companies, but my father who is chemical engineer
and develops this sort of recycling technology has consulted from these
and other companies)

Cosmo