Re: The Irony of it all!!!

From: Chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 09:48:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 10 Aug 1995, White Trash (SK) wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Aug 1995, MATT WEBER wrote:
>
> > Ian Lynn wrote:

> > >what Turner was thinking of doing. Andy may have all too well
> > >confirmed those sentiments, though. If Turner isn't willing to pay
> > >the quality writers for the show, who's to say he'll be willing to
> > >pay Wang for the art.

     Well, I didn't really confirm anything, actually - someone with
friends at Spumco suggested it, and the precedent was set by Turner
themselves by having the no-budget DIC animate a season of "Captain Planet".
(Oh, BTW - it's impossible to "pay Wang for the art" - they don't do any.
 There have been a _ton_ of retakes on ANIMX for the upcoming season, and
 there's only a WBA liason at _one_ of Wang's two outlets making the
outfit draw with its' eyes open!)

> I agree. Even if they are crap, we would have gotten them back on the
> air and we can go from there. I don't think it'll be too much of a
> problem, but I don't think the Tremblay brothers are gonna wanna come
> back after getting burned once by Turner.

Tremblays wouldn't come back in any ongoing creative capacity, but
perhaps a consultative one. Like I said before, all the hard work's been
done by others no longer employed, so continuation of at least the
extraneous three scripts wouldn't be that hard. They just have to come
up with the cash, the will, and send 'em off to Mook.
 "We had one Tom and Jerry where he was chasing someone with a baseball bat.
        We had to go back and change it to a tennis racket."

 -Director John Rice on re-drawing vintage cartoons for new violence rules-