Re: They're coming?

From: Chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 21:53:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 7 Aug 1995, MATT WEBER wrote:

> Also noticed that there's new voiceovers for the spots leading into
> & out of commecial breaks. Lots of new commercials for the show on
> TCN. And even a short appearance in an ad for "Dogust" (TCN's
> promoting dog cartoons for the month of August.) Right at the very
> end of this ad you see TB & R standing with that "don't mess with
> us" looking right at the camera.
>
> Have the winds at TPS changed?

Well, from their point of view, they have *NOTHING* until Fall 96. If
you were them, wouldn't you finish the last three eps at least? Even if
it's just to get H-B/Turner through the next year until the "Jonny" premiere?
The new spots are puzzling, but the "They're coming" bit likely refers to
something a Turner spy related earlier about a "product tie-in with a
major retailer" - the likes of which I have no info on. It's been
suggested that Turner may want to continue with Kats now that the
"expensive elements" (Tremblay bros, background dept, and design team
members up for a raise) are no longer in the loop - and that it would
take on almost a post-Spumco "Ren and Stimpy" flavour. I'd rather see
the Kat guys die on their feet than live on their knees.

 "Of course it has boogers in it. It's got kid-type humour" - John K. in TVG
                                   --
 "Naaaah...just make them cat aliens." - Executive 'creative input' at H-B