Ann Gora, with Katseye News! (...or some junk...)

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 20:51:38 -0700 (PDT)

     First off, the toy release has been moved up to June. I got some
photographs of the stuff, to be honest, I'm not too fond of the
ac-figures - they don't much look like the show versions, and it's a bit
hard to see an obvious difference between T-Bone and Razor. I'm going to
buy them anyway, and probably multiple copies for down the road. If it's
going to be June, I'll see if I can find a way to get the package art
scanned in and put up - unfortunately, real life is starting to drag on
my time at the moment.

     Next, "quote of the day" from Lance Falk. When I heard it, he just
about nailed my opinion of some of the scripts and their respective
writers to a "T". He said:

        "Problem was, I was writing for fifteen year olds, and Glenn Leopold
was writing for five year olds. We should've both been writing for ten
year olds!"

     Also, some background info on "When Strikes Mutilor", which I've not
seen, from Mark Lungo's upcoming Animato! article, via Lance Falk. Seems
that Lance's "writing for fifteen year olds" would have come up with a
novel ending, had he not been told to change it by the same individual
who reminded him the audience was "ten year olds". Initially, Lance had
intended the ending to work thus, quoted:

        "..(the SWATKats) rally these aliens, they free the ship, they
get the bad guy, and at the very end, the saucer's taking off and the
little computer voice says, "Okay, the environment's back to normal", and
the (aliens) look at each other and one says "Wow! A planet of
intelligent cats! How interesting!" and the other guy says, "Well, it's a
big universe. Anything is possible". And then you back away and you see
an American flag on the wall, and what you're seeing in one fell swoop is
that the SWAT Kats is absolutely (set) on another planet in the future."

     An executive, who shall remain nameless, said "Naaah, just make them
cat aliens instead", and that's how we get the actual ending.

     "Mutilor" is the name of one of Lance's director buddies' pet
goldfish, and he came up with the name "Turmoil" as an anagram of it.

Andy (...rapidly approaching his "ten percent")

     "His biography said he bumped his butt 'cuz he ate too much sugar...
        ....it's SAD (really)..." - Slappy Squirrel, "Bumbie's Mom" ANIMX
     "We have a mission Ann, down these mean skies, a 'KAT must fly...
                 ...we wanna be the good guys..."

      (Thanks Lance. Some of us got the reference - eventually!)