Re: SWAT Kats Merchandise

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 06:34:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 4 Apr 1995, August Yang wrote:

> Gods, I hope I'm sending this to the right address. Forgive me if
> it's wrong.
>
> If any of you thought that SWAT Kats would have made one killer comic,
> bad news. Archie, who currently is producing Hanna Barbara (sp?) comix
> will only do a SWAT Kats comic if HB asks them to.
>
> In any case, I know that Hudson Soft is releasing a SWAT Kats vidgame
> for the SNES. I'm not sure if there will be a Genesis version though.
>
> August Paul Yang bought an SNES for, partly, this reason.
> --

     Man, some days things work really mysteriously. I just had a call
on the "comic thing" today from someone in Iowa that the Tremblays also
talk too. There is an artist, I think for some of the more Furry-things,
by the name of Malachi Keller - who has done some killer SWATKATS art.
Anyway, the Tremblays talked to this guy concerning doing a comic -
which, if they could get backing, would be quite "serious" and unlike
anything that Archie Comix would ever do (TMNTA comes to mind in a
negative light - it's too kiddiefied despite some great writing on occasion).
Again, the Tremblay bros. say that anything future along the SWATKATS
line, including the comics, are largely going to depend on how successful
the merchandising of the toys and games is. Most people who call me and
realize I'm "into" the KATS have asked me to pick up whatever I can - and
they're all interested in the toys, the SNES game, T-Shirts - whatever
they can get their hands on. I just hope that this isn't lost on Turner.

Andy