Re: 'KATS have nine lives!

From: Dana Uehara <duehara_at_cisk.atmos.Ucla.EDU>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 95 1:54:56 PDT

Andy Hill writes:
> Turner entertainment has asked Hanna-Barbera for SWATKATS interstitials,
> stuff like "Secret Files of the SwatKats" and the promotional bumpers,
> for an unknown purpose. They may be shopping the show around to other
> networks, something I'm also working on.

For Turner to ask HB for this stuff looks really suspicious. One thought
that comes to mind (at least my mind, anyway) is that Turner might *not*
want HB to shop around for other networks (in other words, Turner keeps
all of the promotional bumpers, etc. so HB *can't* market the show
elsewhere without Turner's knowledge and/or approval).

> I personally am going to clean out our Toys 'R Us when the action
> figures come out, and I'm going to make sure 'KATS fans get them.

I'm also going to keep an eye out for Kats merchandise and pick it up
(tho I probably won't be able to clean out any of the toy stores due
to a limited budget).

> Two other things. Christian Tremblay said he will mail me some
> 'KATS stuff that not too many people have seen, WKOZIOL had earlier said
> he would be happy to scan stuff for me - so I'll try and get him some
> copies to scan in and post on an FTP site for everyone to grab.

Depending on the size of the file(s), I can probably put them on my
anonymous ftp directory at netcom (/pub/ra/razor). If anyone has a
less crowded (in other words, more easily accessible) ftp site, please
feel free to email me (or post to the list).

> Andy (could we have like a "roll call"? I don't know how much of Dana's
> c.c. list has signed up yet. Either e- me or just post something
> to the list saying "I'm here".)

In the administrivia message I sent out, we have 19 signups so far.
If you want a complete list of the subscribers, you can send email
to 'majordomo_at_lists.mv.net' with the message 'who kats' in the message
body.

--
=================== Dana Uehara (duehara_at_atmos.ucla.edu) ==================
"T-Bone... if you drown, I'm gonna kill you!" -- Razor